At the Centre Dentaire LaSalle we take dental health very seriously. But oral health doesn’t need to be serious. We put together some dental facts that are interesting and fun too.
- The average person produces 25,000 quarts of saliva – enough to fill up two swimming pools.
- In 1994, a prison inmate in West Virginia braided floss into a rope, scaled the wall, and escaped.
- Keep your toothbrush away from the toilet. When you flush, airborne particles can travel up to six feet. Protect your toothbrush, close the lid before you flush.
- People who drink three or more cups of soda per day have 62% more fillings, tooth decay, and tooth loss than others. Protect your teeth, drink water instead.
- The idea that you should see your dentist twice a year was invented by the ad agency for Pepsodent toothpaste. Let your dentist suggest how often you should visit.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or sooner if you have a flu, cold, or viral infection. Bacteria can remain on your toothbrush and cause re-infection.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest tissue in your body. Even with its strength, we do not recommend using your teeth as tools. It can cause them to break and/or chip.
- A recent poll found that health professionals (dentists, physicians, and nurses) are among the most trusted people. The least trusted, lobbyists and congressmen.
- According to a recent Time Magazine poll, 59% of people would rather visit the dentist than sit beside someone talking on their cell phone.
- Certain cheeses, including cheddar, swiss, and monterey jack, have been found to protect your teeth from decay.
We are here to help you achieve your best possible smile. If you have any questions or concerns about your dental health, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can reach us at (514) 364-3366 or click here to visit our website. Also be sure to visit our Facebook page to keep up with information that affect your dental health and wellness.